What do you need to become a supply teaching assistant?
Wondering if supply is for you? If you can tick off all of the below, then you probably have your answer:
- Confident in supporting the curriculum
- A flexible approach to working
- A minimum of 2 weeks’ experience as a teaching assistant
- Be reliable, committed and have the ability to build good relationships
- Provide suitable references
- Have an acceptable DBS check
Would you like to work with a supply service that puts schools and teaching assistants first?
Exeter Supply Partnership (ESP) is a not-for-profit organisation, providing a supply service to a growing number of primary schools across Devon and Torbay. Set up by schools, ESP is the preferred choice for many schools in the area and word is spreading. We are regularly being contacted by new schools wanting to access our services due to our ethos and non-commercial approach to providing supply cover.
What do we offer our supply team?
- Flexibility – a personal calendar system for setting your own availability whether that is for 5 days a week or 3 days a month
- Ability to set your own preferences – travel, year groups and contact times
- Location – opportunity to work in a variety of schools across Devon and Torbay, within your preferred travel area
- Varied opportunities – whether you are interested in day-to-day work, short-term cover arrangements or progression to permanent employment, we offer it all
- Clear rates of pay for all, paid through PAYE (no umbrella companies)
- Professional development – access to free training, both online and in person, such as safeguarding, forest school workshops and curriculum updates
- An organisation with the best interests of schools and teaching assistants at the centre of its service – through meetings with both schools and our supply team we strive to do all we can for the benefit of the people we work with and ensure all have positive experiences
- Supportive and friendly office team – we pride ourselves on being friendly, helpful and approachable, doing our best for our schools and our supply team
If you think ESP sounds like the right organisation for you, we would love to receive your application. Have a question or still thinking about it, connect with us or contact our office on 01392 927171 option 1 and our friendly team will be happy to help.
When uploading your CV please ensure that this includes your full education and employment history. Any missing information will be requested before proceeding. Please also include details of any particular qualifications, skills and professional development relevant to the role.
Please note employment history should contain the following details:
- Name and address of employer
- Position held
- Responsibilities, age range, subject/s taught
- Employment start and finish dates
- Reason for leaving